Financing possibilities for alternative fuel vehicles and infrastructure
Now open for applications: funding opportunities for alternative fuel vehicles and infrastructure
STATE PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
Pennsylvania Department Environmental protection: Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant (Source of funding: General Fund)
Who can apply: School districts, municipal authorities, municipalities, non-profit organizations, private companies.
Use: Purchase or upgrade vehicles to run on alternative fuels, purchase and install refueling equipment, and research or develop new technologies.
Funds: Infrastructure and innovative technology project gfulminates until $ 600,000. Vehicle grants of up to $ 100,000 per vehicle, depending on vehicle category.
Registration deadline: August 27; a second round of candidacy will close on December 17
More information: Click on https://www.dep.pa.gov/Citizens/GrantsLoansRebates/Alternative-Fuels-Incentive-Grant/Pages/default.aspx.
APPLICATION DEADLINE TO COME:
DEP Driving PA Forward Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charging Rebate Program: Until funds are spent (Funding Source: State Mitigation Trust – Volkswagen Emissions Regulations)
- Businesses, charities, incorporated nonprofits, local government entities, school districts and other entities. – Reimbursements for Level 2 EV charging equipment for public use on public property, public use on non-government property, non-public use at workplaces, non-public use in multi-unit dwellings.
DHS Children’s Trust Fund: July 19 (Funding Source: Children’s Trust Fund)
- Any organization operating in Pennsylvania that provides direct services. – Support community-based child abuse and neglect prevention projects.
PCCD 2021-22 PA Academic and vocational / technical training (PACTT) Competitive funding: July 23 (Source of funding: General Fund)
- Private residential facilities, community providers and juvenile probation offices that are not currently affiliated with PACTT. – Develop programs in the following PACTT service areas that adhere to PACTT standards in order to achieve affiliate status: basic programming; academic education; work-related services; and vocational training.
Agriculture – Federal Block Grants Program for Specialty Crops: July 30 (Source of funding: Federal funding)
- State and local organizations, producer associations, universities, community organizations and other stakeholders. – Projects that will increase the visibility and competitiveness of the State’s special horticultural crops.
CFA fund for multimodal transport: July 31 (Source of funding: Multimodal Transport Fund)
- Municipalities, school districts, private businesses, non-profit organizations, economic development organizations, public transportation agencies, railway operators, port terminal operators. – Development, rehabilitation and improvement of transport assets to existing communities; streetscape; lighting; improvement of sidewalks; pedestrian safety; connectivity of transport assets; and transit-oriented development.
PA Fish and Boat Commission – Nautical Infrastructure Grant Program: July 31 (Source of funding: Federal funding)
- Public and private operators of nautical facilities open to the public, including municipal agencies (towns, cities, counties, etc.), state agencies (state parks, DNR, Fish & Wildlife, etc.) and d other government entities. – The construction, renovation and maintenance of transitional mooring (mooring) facilities serving motor pleasure craft of 26 feet and over.
PHMC Historical & Archival Records Care Grants Program: August 1 (Source of funding: Keystone Recreation, Parks and Conservation Fund)
- Historical societies, libraries, museums, non-profit organizations, colleges and universities, local governments, school districts. – The survey, inventory, preservation, organization and description of historical records relating to Pennsylvania.
PENNDOT Private Non-Profit Vehicle (PNP) Subsidy Program under Section 5310: August 2 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Private non-profit organizations and designated public organizations. – Buy new small, wheelchair accessible transit vehicles.
PCCD Support for evidence-based programs for the prevention of substance abuse: August 3 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Pennsylvania Intermediate Units (IU), nonprofits, single county authorities (SCA), and approved Alternative Education Programs for Disruptive Youth (AEDY). – NOTNew school-based prevention programs targeting youth in grades 6 to 12.
Federal Communications Commission: Emergency Connectivity Fund: August 3 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Schools, libraries, and school and library consortia (for example, regional or national groups of schools or libraries that apply together) that are eligible for support under the FCC E-Tariff Program. – Eligible equipment includes Wi-Fi access points, modems (including air cards), routers, devices that combine modem and router, and connected devices (laptops and tablets).
PCCD STOP grant program on violence against women 2022-2024 Competition: August 3 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- County governments and nonprofit victim service organizations. – Support cross-system collaborative efforts to respond to victims of crimes of violence against women.
PENNDOT 2021 Reserved transport alternatives: Pre-application date: August 6; Deadline: October 15, 2021 (Source of funding: Federal funds)
- Local governments; regional transport boards; public transport agencies; natural resources or public lands agencies, including federal agencies; school districts, local education agencies, schools, tribal governments; a not-for-profit entity responsible for administering local transportation safety programs; and any local or regional government entity responsible for transportation or recreational trails. – For projects and activities defined as transport alternatives, including pedestrian and bicycle facilities, infrastructure projects for non-driver access to public transport, community improvement activities and trails for ‘environmental mitigation that serve for transportation purposes, and safe routes to school projects.
Agriculture – Matching Grant for Agricultural Product Promotion, Education and Export Promotion: August 6 (Source of funding: General Fund)
- Non-profit organizations promoting and marketing agricultural products. – Promote agricultural products, educate consumers and develop export markets.
PCCD 2021 coordinators for the reduction of racial and ethnic disparities: August 30 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Any private non-profit agency, public agency or local government unit. – Support local jurisdictions in their efforts to reduce racial and ethnic disparities in the Pennsylvania juvenile justice system by hiring a full-time Racial and Ethnic Disparities (R / ED) Coordinator.
DCED Keystone Communities: August 31 (Source of funding: General Fund)
- Municipalities, counties, redevelopment authorities, housing authorities, economic development agencies, housing corporations, community development corporations, business improvement districts, neighborhood improvement districts, downtown improvement districts. – Revitalize / stabilize / grow neighborhoods and communities.
American Library Association: Libraries Transform Communities – Small Libraries and Rural Libraries Program: September 16
- Libraries serving small and / or rural communities – Develop a community engagement project.
DEP Section 902 Recycling Implementation Grant: September 24 (Source of funding: Recycling Fund)
- Counties, towns, districts, incorporated towns, cantons, autonomous municipalities, councils of governments, consortia or similar entities established by two or more municipalities. – To fund the costs associated with developing and implementing a recycling program.
CFA funding program for unserved broadband: September 24 (Source of funding: General Fund)
- Any non-government entity with the technical, managerial and financial expertise to design, build and operate a broadband broadband service infrastructure in Pennsylvania. – Acquisition, construction, equipment and site preparation costs associated with the deployment of broadband infrastructure in unserved areas.
DEP 2020 Recycling Performance Grants: December 30 (Source of funding: Environmental Stewardship Fund)
- Any municipality with a recycling program in 2020. – Municipal recycling programs.