August Pfluger launches TX-11 re-election campaign and receives endorsement from Donald Trump
MIDLAND, Texas – Republican Congressman August Pfluger (R-San Angelo) greeted supporters at a rally in downtown Midland where he officially kicked off his re-election campaign to the United States House of Representatives, according to a press release from Representative Pfluger’s campaign office on Wednesday, November 10, 2021.
The announcement comes just hours after former President Donald Trump offered Congressman Pfluger his endorsement to continue representing 11th Texase Congress District.
“Congressman Pfluger does a phenomenal job representing the people of Texas,” Trump said. “An Air Force veteran, Pfluger strongly supports our military and veterans, defends our country and protects our Second Amendment. He is fighting to reduce your taxes, secure our borders and strengthen our economy. Please have my full and total support! “
Former President Trump previously endorsed Pfluger for his first Congressional election in 2020. Pfluger ultimately prevailed in a competitive 10-party Republican primary before winning nearly 80 percent of the vote in the 2020 general election.
“I am incredibly honored to have the endorsement of former President Trump and hope to continue to fight to preserve his legacy and uphold the principles of his America First program,” Pfluger replied. “After a year in Congress, I’ve seen a lot. I have seen Joe Biden and his socialist allies try to destroy everything former President Trump has accomplished for our country. They’re trying to shut down oil and natural gas, letting illegal immigrants flood our southern border and trying to tax and spend hard-working Texas families to death.
“As a member of Congress, I stood up to the Biden administration and fought to protect Texas farmers, ranchers, energy producers and small businesses.e District of Congress, ”said Representative Pfluger. “I repelled Biden’s attempts to demolish former President Trump’s border wall. And as a gun veteran, I fought to protect our Second Amendment and protect our country from foreign rivals like Russia and China, as well as international terrorists who seek to harm Americans. In 2022, we will take over Congress and keep Texas red. I’m quite, and I ask the hardworking men and women of Texas ’11e District of Congress to join our fight for America.
A 20-year US Air Force veteran and decorated fighter pilot, Colonel August Pfluger is a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the House Committee on Homeland Security, where he is a rank member of the Intelligence and Security Subcommittee. fight against terrorism. . He is also co-leader of the Texas Ag Task Force and a member of the Republican Whip Team.
Highlights of his first term include:
- First first-year member to present pro-energy legislation to the 117th Congress
- Fight against the Green New Deal policies of the radical left
- Introducing four laws to protect the oil and gas industry
- Supported dozens of initiatives to promote American energy independence
- Co-leader of the Texas Ag working group
- Wrote several letters to the Biden administration defending farmers and ranchers
- Supported numerous legislative texts to stimulate the agricultural industry
- Fight against Biden’s death tax on rural America
- Hosted numerous agriculture roundtables to hear the concerns and needs of Texas farmers and ranchers
National security and border security
- Exposing the Biden Administration’s Mismanagement of Known and Suspected Terrorists Crossing the Southern United States Border
- Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the Internal Security Committee
- Rank member of the Intelligence and Counterterrorism Subcommittee
- Introduced two laws to help secure our southern border and co-sponsored dozens more
- Visited the border with Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy
- Held a press conference with Secretary Mike Pompeo calling on President Biden to impose tough sanctions on Iran
- Held a press conference with Senator John Cornyn, Chief Kevin McCarthy and Representative Mike McCaul to demand the release of US Navy veteran Trevor Reed from a Russian prison
From 2023, the newly configured 11e The Texas Congressional District will include Ector, Midland, Glasscock, Sterling, Irion, Coke, Tom Green, Runnels, Concho, Menard, Kimble, Coleman, McCulloch, Mason, San Saba, Llano, Brown, Mills, Lampasas and part of Bell County.
Courtesy: August Pfluger for Congress