Amazon Gift Cards for Blood + Lakewood Forecast + Solar Panels
Welcome, Lakewood! It’s Friday, so let’s start with everything you need to know about what’s happening in Lakewood today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Very cold with some snow. Top: 22 Bottom: 8.
Here are the top stories in Lakewood today:
- With help from our friends at Petfinder, Patch has compiled a list of pets available for adoption near you this week. Whether you’re looking for cuddles or companionship, one of these animals could be the perfect fit for your family. (Lakewood patch)
- State Sen. Nickie Antonio, Democrat of Lakewood, announced Wednesday that the Ohio Senate has passed the Senate Substitute Bill 61, which strengthens consumer protections for condo owners and updates the solar panel laws. (Lakewood patch)
- The Red Cross is in desperate need of blood donations and is now offering Amazon gift cards to people who donate. (Lakewood patch)
Today’s Lakewood Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change your life and that of your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Lakewood!
- Lakewood Town Schools: “Last night fans at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse were treated to the National Anthem sung by our very own Garfield-Harding Mixed Choir! Great performance to accompany a great Cavs win! #RangerPride” (Facebook)
- City of Lakewood, Ohio – Municipal Government: “Did you know the city maintains a Do-Not-Knock Registry? The registry was established in 2011 and allows Lakewood residents to ban certain types of door-to-door commercial attorneys from visiting your home. Visit http://ow .ly/…” (Facebook)
- Lakewood Public Library: “Works from the Ohio Watercolor Society are on display until Sunday, February 6, 2022 in the second floor gallery of the Main Library.” (Facebook)
- Living Lakewood: “Do you need help with your taxes? Get started early this year with help from the Cuyahoga EITC Coalition! Free tax preparation appointments are available for families and individuals working in the Cuyahoga County. Plan your tax preparation a…” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Lakewood Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s all for today. See you tomorrow morning for another update!
— Chris Mosby
About me: Editor of Patch Ohio, casting my keen eye on Northeast Ohio. Feel free to message me at email@example.com.